William Powell Jones
Expert on labor, race, and inequality in 20th century United States.
Associate professor, history
Home and cell phones available upon request.
William Powell Jones Associate professor, history University of Wisconsin-Madison Expert on labor, race, and inequality in 20th century United States. http://history.wisc.edu/people/faculty/jones.htm firstname.lastname@example.org 608-263-1784 (work) Home and cell phones available upon request; e-mail email@example.com
Areas of expertise
- The United States since 1945
- Labor history, with particular expertise in public sector unions.
- African American history and the history of the civil rights movement
- Member, American Historical Association and Organization of American Historians
- Author, "The Tribe of Black Ulysses: African American Lumber Workers in the Jim Crow South."
- Vilas Associate Award, UW-Madison, 2009-2011
- Charles A. Ryskamp Research Fellowship, American Council of Learned Societies, 2007-2008