Aaron Bird Bear
Content knowledge of American Indian Studies, place-based experiential learning, and higher education student affairs.
- Developed the place-based, experiential learning First Nations Cultural Landscape Tour that examines the 12,000-year human story of Teejop (Madison, WI).
- Act 31 and American Indian Studies knowledge for the teaching and learning of the histories, cultures, and tribal sovereignty of the First Nations of WI.
- Recruitment and retention of historically underrepresented student populations in higher education.
- Created www.WisconsinFirstNations.org website for K-12 education to support the teaching of the histories, culture and tribal sovereignty of the 12 First Nations of WI.
- Received the 2019 Madison Trust for Historic Preservation Award in recognition of Preservation Advocacy for the First Nations Cultural Landscape tour.
- The First Nations Cultural Landscape tour has been featured in articles and videos by Wisconsin Public Television, Madison Magazine, and the Isthmus.