Board-certified family medicine and addiction medicine physician whose research focuses on opioid-treated chronic pain and addiction, especially involving opioids.
- Clinical management of opioid therapy and addiction, especially involving opioids.
- Translational research in the field of opioid-treated chronic pain, addiction and related mental health problems.
- Mindfulness meditation based approaches for chronic pain and addictive disorders.
- President, Wisconsin Society of Addiction Medicine Board of Directors and Public Policy Committee Member, American Society of Addiction Medicine
- Research funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI), and the U.S. Department of Justice, among others.