Expert on positive youth development–risks and protections for children, effects of father engagement, especially for boys. Explores outcomes including violence, academic performance, and well-being.
- Ethnic identity, father engagement in services, and the mental health of Black men and boys.
- Youth violence and how parents build self-efficacy to help reduce the effects of exposure to violence.
- Alumni fellow of the International Max Planck Research School on the Life Course and the Health Equity Leadership Institute.
- Fulbright Specialist
- Center for the Education of Women Graduate Scholarship (first man to receive an award from the Center in its 40-year history)
- Scholar in Residence at Center on Poverty and Social Policy, Columbia University, Institute for Research on Poverty (IRP) and the U.S Collaborative of Poverty Center
- Distinguished Center for Health Equity Research Institute Faculty Fellow