Expert on media and everyday life
- Social media
- Digital communication
- Jokes, play, and humor theory
- Digital folklore (with a focus on urban legends, including Creepy Pasta and the Slender Man)
- Internet memes
- Editorial Assistant, Western Folklore (Academic Journal), 2010-2013
- Lecturer, Communication Arts 200, "Introduction to Digital Communication"
- Lecturer, Communication Arts 522, "Digitally Documenting Everyday Communication"
- Author, “A Laugh Riot: Photoshopping as Vernacular Discursive Practice.” International Journal of Communication. (Forthcoming)
- Author, “Tall, Dark, and Loathsome: The Development of a Legend Cycle in the Digital Age.” Journal of American Folklore. (Forthcoming)