Cultural influences on academic and career development, especially for racial and ethnic minorities and women in science, engineering, and medicine.
- Development of culturally relevant academic and career interventions to increase persistence in STEM college majors and careers
- Testing critical factors in research training interventions for mentors
- Principal Investigator, R01 grant from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to study mentored research experiences for diverse undergraduates in biology
- Selected as a Champion of Change by the White House through President Obama’s Winning the Future initiative, 2011
- Fellow (elected), American Psychological Association
- National Academies of Sciences Board on Higher Education and Workforce, Member
- 2014 UW-Madison Outstanding Woman of Color Award Recipient