Expert in the mental health of older adults, behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia (BPSD), and graduate medical education.
- Mental illness in older adults, including depression, anxiety, and behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia
- Alzheimer's disease and related dementias
- Graduate medical education
- Public health approaches to dementia
- Author of book, "Behavioral and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia," July 2019
- UWSMPH Dean’s Teaching Award, 2014
- ACGME Parker Palmer Courage to Teach Award, 2014