Expert on communication through health information systems, particularly consumer health vocabularies, and provision of health information in non-clinical settings.
- Public libraries and health information
- Consumer health vocabularies for information retrieval and online representation of patients
- Knowledge representation in health information systems
- National Library of Medicine Medical Informatics Predoctoral Trainee, 1997-2002
- Diana Forsythe Award, American Medical Informatics Association, 2005
- Jeffrey Katzer Award for Teaching and Service, School of Information Studies, Syracuse University, 2006)
- International Medical Informatics Association Yearbook, 2009