Expert on marriage, self-improvement and meaning-seeking through the life course, also purpose, thriving, well-being and happiness
- Purpose and meaning-seeking throughout the life course, with a focus on framing helpful questions in times of transition in young-adulthood and middle age.
- Self-improvement and the quest for self-control and behavior change, including the study of the self-help industry and advice broadly speaking.
- Changing dating and marriage patterns in the U.S., including the hook-up culture, cohabitation, marriage preparation, gender roles in relationships and work-life balance.
- Director of the MORE initiative (Money, Relationships and Equality); teaches Consuming Happiness, a class about managing the marketplace and our well-being
- Author of "The Big Picture: A Guide to Finding Your Purpose in Life"
- Thought Leader and Curator at the Life Reimagined Institute
- Author, "Generation WTF" (Templeton Press, 2011), "Marry Smart" (Simon & Schuster, 2009) and "Why Smart Men Marry Smart Women" (Simon & Schuster, 2006)
- Widely quoted and published in major national publications, including The New York Times, Wall Street Journal and Washington Post