Dan (Danny) Willis
Nurse scientist focusing on boys' and men's mental health (in the aftermath of trauma and abuse) child maltreatment, bullying, caring and healing, wellness
- Barriers to healing for men who have experienced trauma and abuse. These include lack of male specific healing resources, stigma, societal expectations around masculinity.
- Negative consequences associated with child maltreatment and delaying help-seeking. These include addictions, difficulty managing emotions and relationships, anger management, aggression, violence (self, others).
- Unhealthy gender roles are a societal problem that not only affects families and communities but also men in terms of their physical and mental health.
- Fellow, Academy of Nursing (for sustained contributions in the area of men's mental health)
- NIH grant (2010-2013) funded by the National Institute of Nursing Research. Topic: Adult Male Survivors Healing from Child Maltreatment
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA) - New England Chapter Nancy Valentine Leadership Award