Expert on alloy design, metal additive manufacturing, materials in extreme environments, advanced manufacturing, solidification, phase transformations, and energy materials
Professor, Materials Science and Engineering; Director, Grainger Institute for Engineering College of Engineering Work: 608-262-3751 — Home and cell phones available upon request email@example.com Home page
- Alloy design is the integration of chemistry, synthesis, and structure to achieve a desired property of a metal for an engineering application.
- Metal additive manufacturing (or 3D printing) is an advanced manufacturing method that permits making complex shapes one layer at a time.
- Materials in extreme environments is the development of new materials to withstand, for example, higher operating temperatures or radiation environments for energy efficiency.
- Fellow of The Minerals, Metals, and Materials Society (TMS)
- Fellow of ASM International (ASM)
- Past-President of the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers (AIME)
- Past-President of The Minerals, Metals, and Materials Society (TMS)