Expert on evidence-based herbal medicine, integrative medicine, and ethnobotany
Research fellow, Department of Family Medicine School of Medicine and Public Health Work: 608-263-3223 — Home and cell phones available upon request firstname.lastname@example.org Home page Twitter: @DavidKiefer2
- Board-certified family physician with fellowship training in integrative medicine; teaches and lectures on the topic regularly.
- Participated in ethnobotanical research projects with numerous cultures, though most extensively in the Ecuadorian Amazon and other parts of Latin America.
- Extensive experience in botanical, or herbal, medicine, through research, writing, and teaching.
- Recipient, Science Internationalization Award: International Programs Office, College of Agricultural & Life Sciences, University of Wisconsin, 2012
- Member, American Botanical Council
- Recipient: University of Wisconsin Department of Family Medicine Small Grant, â€œHerbal medicine use by Latinos, in Madison, Wisconsin,â€ 2012
- Research poster winner: Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation Discovery Challenge for "Herbal Medicine Use: a comparison between two research sites," 2013
- Co-author, "National Geographic Guide to Medicinal Herbs," 2010