Expert on human brain functions, brain development, perception and cognition, and brain imaging
- Cognitive neuroscience: brain circuits that support mental activities, including perceiving and learning and doing math.
- Educational neuroscience: educational impacts on brain development, and how different brains learn, and interactions between learning, brains and teaching.
- Neural basis of synesthesia: sensations in one sense trigger experiences in a second sense (e.g., letters elicit colors).
- Brain imaging: the use of functional brain imaging (fMRI) to study brain function in children and adults.
- Editor, Oxford Handbook of Synesthesia