Expert on use of social science in law (especially families and children in divorce and/or abuse cases), legal education
- Legal education reform, integrating social science into legal training for students and legal professionals
- Member, American Association of Law Schools Committee on Research
- Co-winner, Herbert Jacob Book Prize, Law & Society Association, for "The Language of Law: Learning to 'Think Like a Lawyer'"
- Fellow, American Anthropological Association
- Elected treasurer and class representative to the executive committee, Law and Society Association