Journalists: Please use these pronouns when appropriate.
Halverson is an arts educator who studies how people learn in and through the arts.
Professor; Chair, Curriculum & Instruction School of Education Work: 608-320-6056 — Home and cell phones available upon request email@example.com Home page Twitter: @littlestjew
- Storytelling and performance
- Identity development
- New media literacy
- Arts and learning
- 21st century skills
- Chancellor's Distinguished Teaching Award, 2020
- Author of numerous publications, including "Film as Identity Exploration: A Multimodal Analysis of Youth-Produced Films" to appear in Teachers College Record
- Member, American Educational Researchers Association and National Council for Teachers of English Assembly for Research
- Department Chair, Department of Curriculum & Instruction
- Author, “How the Arts Can Save Education: Transforming Teaching, Learning, and Instruction” (Teachers College Press, 2021)