Expert on design related to human disability and aging
- Accessibility of information and telecommunication technology, including the Web, by people with barriers due to disabilities, aging or literacy
- Founding fellow, American Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering (AIMBE)
- Past president, Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America
- Chaired, edited and contributed to numerous standards and guidelines on accessibility of Web, Internet, telecom and electronic and information technologies
- Worked with more than 50 companies on usable and accessible product designs
- Served on numerous professional, industry and government advisory and planning committees, for the FCC, NSF, NIH, VA, DED, GSA, NCD, Access-Board, White House, etc.