Expert on business strategy, the use of innovation and imitation by incumbent firms and start-ups, and global strategy.
- Start-up strategy: how can start-ups develop and deploy strategies that will enhance their probability of success?
- Technological disruption: how can firms respond to disruptive technological change?
- Imitation strategy: how can firms imitate rivals to enhance profitability?
- Innovation strategy: wow, can firms use innovation to enhance profitability?
- Business strategy: why are some firms more profitable than others?
- Developed novel course on Global Strategy that has been delivered to students and executives in the US and Asia.
- 3M Corporation: Junior Faculty Research Award
- Research published in the leading journals in strategy journals: Administrative Science Quarterly, Management Science, Organization Science, Strategic Management Journal.
- Successful entrepreneur in technology and retail sectors.