Expert on financial, public, urban and and political economics
- Financial economics: collateral, leverage, real estate, repo markets, FX swap markets, market microstructure, bubbles, Ponzi schmes.
- Public and urban economics: tiebout economies, local public goods, immigration.
- Political economy: institutional design, fiscal unions, monetary unions, the Eurozone.
- Author, "Securities Market Theory: Possession, Repo and Rehypothecation," (with Jean-Marc Bottazzi and Mario Pascoa), Journal of Economic Theory (2012)
- Author, "Heterogeneous Tiebout Communities with Private Production and Anonymous Crowding," Regional Science and Urban Economics, (accepted for publication) (2012)
- Author, "Dollar Shortage, Central Bank Actions, and the Cross Currency Basis (with Jean-Marc Bottazzi, Mario Pascoa, and Suresh Sundaresan), Available at SSRN.
- Author, "A Volatility-based Theory of Fiscal Union Desirability," (with Massimo Morelli and JosÃ© Tavares), Available at SSRN. See also previous version: CEPR Discussion Paper