Expert on data management, now called big data. Also, an entrepreneur, and passionate about eco-friendly/green computing.
- Big data management and analytics: invent and build technologies to manage and exploit the full potential of the ongoing big data revolution.
- Green computing: invent, design, and develop ways to reduce the energy footprint of data-driven big data processing.
- Data-drive mobile services: build rich, agile and interactive data-driven mobile services.
- Co-founder, CEO and Chariman of Locomatix Inc. â€” a pioneering startup that built a data platform to power mobile services. Part of Twitter since 2013.
- University of Wisconsin Police Department (UWPD) Chiefâ€™s award, 2012
- ACM Distinguished Scientist, (since 2011).
- College of Engineering Education Excellence Award, University of Michigan, 2008
- Lead on the Paradise project (my Ph.D. thesis) that was a system to manage large volumes of spatial data. Acquired by NCR in 1997.