Expert on the psychological impact of the media on the emotions and thoughts of children and adults
Professor emerita, communication arts; director, Center for Communication Research College of Letters and Science Work: 608-221-0593 — Home and cell phones available upon request email@example.com Home page
- Impact of television, movies, and the Internet on children, with emphasis on media violence and fear
- Children's fright reactions to television and films
- Author, "Conquer CyberOverload; Get More Done, Boost Your Creativity, and Reduce Stress," December 2009. Also "Mommy, I'm Scared" and "Teddy's TV Troubles"
- Author of more than 90 scholarly articles
- Repeated testimony before Congress on children's media issues; frequent appearances on TV; often quoted in newspapers and magazines
- Fellow, International Communication Association; Distinguished Scholar Award, Broadcast Education Association