Expert on the psychological impact of the media (including digital devices) on the emotions and thoughts of children and adults
- Impact of television, movies, and the Internet on children, with emphasis on media violence and fear
- How multitasking and interruptions interfere with our productivity and creativity and how we can benefit from technology without drowning in it
- Impact of constant connectedness to computers, cell phones, television etc. on emotional well-being
- Author, "Conquer CyberOverload; Get More Done, Boost Your Creativity, and Reduce Stress," December 2009. Also "Mommy, I'm Scared" and "Teddy's TV Troubles"
- Author of more than 90 scholarly articles
- Repeated testimony before Congress on children's media issues; frequent appearances on TV; often quoted in newspapers and magazines
- Fellow, International Communication Association; Distinguished Scholar Award, Broadcast Education Association