Expert on criminal defense practice, defense ethics and public defense systems.
- Expert on the practice of criminal defense including best practices for defending the accused.
- Expert on the ethics of criminal defense including the ethical obligations of defense counsel to provide zealous representation.
- Expert on public defense systems designed to provide counsel to those who are too poor to hire counsel.
- Former Indigent Defense Counsel to the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and Director of Policy and Practice for the Defender Association of Philadelphia.
- Former Director of Criminal Defense Clinics at Syracuse University College of Law and the University of Alabama School of Law.
- Former staff attorney for the Legal Aid Society, Manhattan Criminal Defense Division.
- Author of multiple reports on the state of indigent defense as well as law review articles on criminal procedure, public defense and civil rights.
- Currently retained by the State of Idaho's Public Defense Commission as an expert on indigent defense systems and attorney performance.