Expert on entrepreneurship/social entrepreneurship in U.S.
- Social entrepreneurship - nonprofit organizations and hybrid entities.
- Wisconsin Entrepreneurial Boot Camp
- Entrepreneurial Residential Learning Community at UW-Madison
- G. Steven Burrill Business Plan Competition
- Serves on several boards for arts organizations, high-technology companies and city bodies tasked with economic development initiatives.
- Authored several book chapters on corporate social responsibility (CSR) and journal articles on regional economic development and high-technology entrepreneurship.