I am a cognitive psychologist with expertise in human and machine learning. I focus on how and when people solve problems better than machines.
- Flexible human reasoning in the face of uncertainty
- How people update their beliefs based on what they observe and their prior knowledge of the situation
- Knowledge representation and retrieval
- R21 Grant Award from the National Institute of Aging to examine the mechanisms underlying the decline of knowledge retrieval in individuals with Alzheimer's Disease.
- DARPA Seedling Grant to explore the foundations of human-machine collaboration in terms of networks of social and moral norms.