Katherine (Kathy) Cramer
Expert on civic engagement and political participation, student engagement, public opinion, racial dialogue, political discussion, deliberation, political communication
Int. Director, Morgridge Center for Public Service; professor, poli sci; affiliate: J School, LaFollette, Forestry La Follette School of Public Affairs Work: 608-262-0787 — Home and cell phones available upon request firstname.lastname@example.org Home page Twitter: @KathyCramerUW
- Student civic engagement and political participation
- Informal political talk
- Public opinion, esp. Wisconsin and rural opinion, and perspectives on public employees and government
- Dialogue on race relations
- UW-Madison, Vilas Associates Award, 2012-2014
- Principal investigator, "Putting the Public Back in Public Opinion," a study of Wisconsin public opinion and attitudes toward UW-Madison, via visiting coffee klatches statewide
- Author, "Talking about Politics: Social Identity and American Life"
- Author, "Talking about Race: Community Dialogues and the Politics of Difference"
- UW-Madison Chancellor Distinguished Teaching Award, 2006