Lew Friedland studies the role of civil society in democracy and how our social relations and cleavages affect our politics.
Journalism and Mass Communication, Sociology (affiliated) College of Letters and Science School of Journalism and Mass Communications Work: 608-263-7853 — Home and cell phones available upon request email@example.com Home page
- The politics and ramifications of net neutrality.
- Media consolidation, mergers, and the effect on information and democracy.
- Political communication and its effect on democracy.
- The growing trend of "homophily" - why we increasingly associate with people like us.
- Vilas Distinguished Achievement Professor