Expert in Chemical Engineering, Catalysis, Sensors, Energy Conversion, Molecular Simulations, Nanotechnology
- Catalysts accelerate chemical reactions, making them run with lower energy needs. We design improved catalysts using quantum mechanics and massively parallel computing
- Sensors are devices that alert us to the existence of harmful substances in our environment. We design faster-responding and more selective sensors.
- Starting from fundamental laws of physics, large scale molecular simulations help us understand how molecules react between themselves and with catalytic surfaces.
- Published nearly 300 research publications, cited more than 40,000 times total
- Received four National Awards till 2023 (American Chemical Society, American Institute of Chemical Engineers, North American Catalysis Society)
- Designed better and cheaper catalysts for fuel cells