Expertise in language and literacy learning, schooling of language minority students, English Learners, bilingual education
Assistant Professor, Department of Curriculum & Instruction School of Education Work: 608-263-4617 — Home and cell phones available upon request firstname.lastname@example.org Home page
- Bilingualism, biliteracy, and biculturalism
- English Learners
- Bilingual and ESL education
- Language policy, program, and practice
- Early Career Award, National Research Conference on Language and Literacy, 2010
- Faculty Diversity Research Award, UW System Institute on Race & Ethnicity, 2010
- Author, "English Learnersâ€™ reading achievement: Dialectical relationships between policy and practices in meaning-making opportunities."
- Author, "Performativity in the bilingual classroom: The plight of English Learners in the current reform context."