Expert on adaptive educational technologies, learning with visualizations in STEM, physical and virtual manipulatives, analytical and intuitive processes, visual misinformation, misleading graphs
- Adaptive educational technologies
- Learning with visual representations and manipulatives
- STEM learning
- Visual misinformation
- Data visualizations
- My research has yielded effective adaptive educational technologies that support learning in elementary-school math, undergraduate chemistry, and undergraduate engineering.
- My research shows that students learn best if they engage in both analytical and intuitive processing of information.
- I conduct cross-disciplinary research that draws on methods from education, psychology, and computer science to study how students learn with visualizations.
- I apply lessons from my research to address issues of visual misinformation.