Expert on the evolution and transmission dynamics of arthropod-borne pathogens.
- Emerging infectious disease prediction, prevention, and control
- Ecology, evolution, and transmission dynamics of mosquito-borne viruses.
- Host-specific and pathogen-specific evolutionary pressures that define the host-pathogen relationship.
- Predoctoral Fellow in Cellular and Molecular Parasitology, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2005-2008.
- Biodefense and Emerging Infectious Disease Fellow, Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, 2011-2013.