Expert on hearing and hearing loss, cochlear implants and hearing aid, diagnostic hearing evaluations, and hearing loss prevention.
- Using cochlear implants, hearing aid, and other hearing technologies to improve the quality of life of people who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Hearing loss prevention ("hearing conservation") in urban and rural settings.
- Diagnostic hearing evaluations for people of all ages.
- Named 2015 Audiologist of the Year by the Wisconsin Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Association.
- Spearheads ongoing audiology clinical outreach to prevent hearing loss in a large number of farmers, motorsports enthusiasts, and machine workers in Wisconsin.
- American Speech-Language Hearing Association Audiology Advisory council representative for Wisconsin. This includes advocating for audiology and speech-language issues on capitol hill.
- Directs the UW-Madison Hearing Aid Recycling Program (HARP), which provides hearing healthcare and hearing aids for individuals with low income in Dane County.