Expert in mathematics: number theory and geometry, math education, standards and in-service training
- School mathematics standards, curriculum, texts, and training; programs for minorities and other students who enter university without proper mathematical training
- Elementary number theory, Egyptian fraction, discrete geometry, efficient partition of rooms, fields, cross sections of multi-compartment tubes
- Co-author of "Excursions into Mathematics"
- Founder, Wisconsin Emerging Scholars Program; member, Wisconsin Teaching Academy; Regents Distinguished Service Award for work on labor relations
- Invited member of expert panel to rewrite Georgia math standards