R. Bradley Pierce
Expert on global air quality forecasting and chemical data assimilation
- Developing NOAA aerosol forecasting and data assimilation capabilities within the GOES-R Algorithm Working Group, Risk Reduction, and Proving Ground programs
- Lagrangian studies coupling meteorological analyses, satellite and aircraft data to characterize the morphology of ozone photochemistry and mixing processes.
- Global- to regional-scale meteorological and chemical models for assimilating satellite observations of atmospheric chemical composition and predicting global air quality
- 2003 NASA Exceptional Achievement Medal for outstanding contributions to the development of innovative techniques which enhance the scientific interpretation of airborne measurements of atmospheric constituents
- 2005 NASA Group Achievement Award in recognition of exceptional achievement in developing the highly successful air quality, aviation weather, and energy management applications for the
- 2016 NOAA Administrator’s Award for providing robust, real-time, simulated data of the next generation geostationary satellite imagers, reducing risk in post-launch operations.