Expert on decision making, entrepreneurship, leadership, organizational behavior and culture, change, stress and coping, computerized decision aids, and motivation.
Professor, management and human resources; Glen A. Skillrud Family Chair in Business Wisconsin School of Business Work: 608-263-3771 — Home and cell phones available upon request firstname.lastname@example.org Home page
- Behavioral decision making. I have taught behavioral decision making at UW-Madison for more than 40 years and have done related research.
- Organizational culture. I have taught seminars on organizational culture and have done related research, some funded by the National Science Foundation.
- Group processes. I have taught seminars on group processes and published related research, including on group decision processes (such as groupthink).
- Job design. I have done extensive research on job design, including job enrichment, and wrote an early book, Task Design and Employee Motivation.
- Fun at work. I have taught seminars on emotions in organizations and conducted research on "fun at work."
- Past president, Academy of Management; the primary professional association in my field, with more than 20,000 members in 101 countries.
- Past Dean of the Fellows of the Academy of Management (the Fellows is the AoM's honorary society). Past executive director, Weinert Center.
- Author of 11 books, most recently Creating High Performance Teams, 2015.
- Author of more than 90 articles and book chapters.
- Member, Editorial Review Boards of the Academy of Management Review, Organization and Environment, Administrative Science Quarterly, Journal of Applied Psychology, etc.
- Chair and or/member of more than 75 Ph.D. thesis committees.
- Thermal engineer (late 1960's and early 1970's) on various Apollo, Voyager, and other aerospace projects at Bendix Aerospace Division, Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Listed in Who's Who in America and Who's Who in the World.