Expert on banking and financial regulation, monetary policy, and financial crises.
- Impact of monetary policy and central bank decisions on the financial sector and the economy
- How banks and financial intermediaries should be regulated to prevent and mitigate financial crises
- How central banks and governments can mitigate financial crises
- Mabel W. Chipman Outstanding Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching, Wisconsin School of Business
- SUERF-Unicredit Research Prize “Reregulation of the Financial Sector”