Journalists: Please use these pronouns when appropriate.
Expert on US refugee and asylum law, immigration, gender and sexuality violence, women's and LGBT human rights, human migration in South and Central America.
Professor, communication arts; faculty director, Latin American, Caribbean & Iberian Studies College of Letters and Science International Division Work: 608-262-2417 — Home and cell phones available upon request email@example.com Home page Twitter: @saralmckinnon
- Gender violence
- Human Rights
- LGBT Human Rights
- Gendered Asylum: Race and Violence in U.S. Law and Politics.. Urbana: University of Illinois Press, 2016.
- Grant Awardee , Wisconsin Partnership Program, UW-Madison School of Medicine and Public Health, 2014 & 2016.
- Awardee. Chancellor’s Distinguished Teaching Award. University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2019.
- Awardee, Bonnie Ritter Book Award. Feminist and Women’s Studies Division of the National Communication Association. 2017.
- Grant Awardee, "Safe Passage from the Darién Gap," Research Forward Grant from OVCRGE and Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation.