Gero-psych nurse practitioner practicing in rural Wisconsin; developed advance care plans for nursing home residents, educates paid and non-paid caregivers of people with dementia.
- The pool of qualified geriatric healthcare professionals is insufficient to meet the needs of our aging population. Advance practice nursing is part of the solution.
- I developed a curriculum to teach nursing tasks to family caregivers of people with dementia to prevent hospitalizations and emergency room visits.
- How to develop and implement advance care plans for nursing home residents to ensure their end of life wishes are honored.
- How federal regulations affect geriatric advance practice nursing in Wisconsin as it relates to care of older adults, especially in long-term care.
- Named a Distinguished Educator in Gerontological Nursing in 2020 by the National Hartford Center of Gerontological Nursing Excellence