Social and welfare policy; poverty; romantic and family relationships
- Unconditional cash transfer programs for families, like the Baby's First Years Study
- Assistance programs and policies for families with limited incomes, like the Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child Tax Credit
- On-again/off-again (churning) romantic relationships
- What do changes in romantic relationships mean for family and individual wellbeing?
- Government-funded relationship education programs
- Author, "It's not like I'm poor: How working families make ends meet in a post-welfare world"
- Author, "Social poverty: Low-income parents and the struggle for family and community ties"