Expert in experimental atomic physics and quantum science, with a focus on developing new quantum sensors and applying them to interesting problems in physics.
- In my research group, we are building ultra-precise atomic clocks, and are exploring and developing new and emerging applications of these remarkable devices.
- In my research group, we are also using single-atom scale defects in diamonds as nanoscale probes.
- We are developing new techniques and approaches to harnessing quantum mechanics to make more precise, accurate, and targeted "quantum sensors."
- Author of highly cited research papers published in Nature, Science, and Physical Review Letters, amongst a number of other journals.
- I was a National Research Council (NRC) Postdoctoral Fellow at NIST, working on one of the world's most accurate and precise atomic clocks.
- I have given a number of public lectures on quantum science and its applications, including an OBE "RED" Talk and a "Science on Tap" talk.