Expert on Gender Identity/Expression in pre-K-12 through University educational contexts across curriculum, pedagogy, and policy, for all stakeholders; and social justice in teacher education
Faculty Associate | School of Education | Curriculum & Instruction | UWTeach | School of Education Work: 608-263-4600 — Home and cell phones available upon request email@example.com Home page Twitter: @drsjmiller
- Addressing Gender Identity Complexity in Schools (e.g., curriculum, pedagogy and policy)
- Trans*+-sectional Theory and Sustaining/Enduring Trans*+-cultural Identity
- Gender Identity Justice and Self-Determination
- Political Climate's Impact on Gender Identity Complexity in Educational Settings
- Social Justice in Teacher Education: Implications for Theory, Practice, and Policy in pre-K-12 through University Level Contexts
- Author: Teaching, Affirming, and Recognizing Trans and Gender Creative Youth: A Queer Literacy Framework-Awarded 2017 AERA Exemplary Research Award, and Outstanding Book by the MCTE.
- Research study generated Social Justice Standard 6-the first ever standard in the United States that advances social justice work in teacher preparation
- UNESCO representative to develop Education for Peace and Sustainable Development with the Mohathma Gandhi Institute
- Appeared in a feature documentary, Gender: The Space Between on CBS, and is a frequent contributor to the Huffington Post, CBS News, and PBS.
- Author of 7 books, over twenty-five book chapters and fifty articles on social justice, queering education, and embedding gender identity into pre-K-12- university level: see www.sjmiller.info