Stephanie Savage, MD, MS
Expert in trauma and emergency general surgery. Dr. Savage serves as the Director of Emergency General Surgery for the UW Department of Surgery.
- Trauma and acute care surgery
- Massive bleeding following injury
- Treatment of military combat wounds
- Decorated Air Force Veteran and ‘Trauma Czar’ for combat operations in Iraq and Afghanistan
- Ongoing research including clot formation after injury and management of massive hemorrhage
- Developing a comprehensive Emergency General Surgery program for the UW system hospitals