An internationally-recognized speaker and author on quality in technology-enhanced education, especially copyright, evaluation of teaching practice, academic integrity, and accessibility/universal design for learning.
Conference Programming Chair & Faculty Associate: Learning Design, Development, & Innovation Division of Continuing Studies — Home and cell phones available upon request email@example.com Home page Twitter: @ThomasJTobin
- Technology that extends the reach of higher education beyond its traditional audience.
- Educational rights of people with disabilities and people from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- On the boards of eLearn Magazine, InSight: Scholarly Teaching, the Journal of Interactive Online Learning, and the Online Journal of Distance Learning Administration.
- His books include "Evaluating Online Teaching: Implementing Best Practices" (2015) with Jean Mandernach and Ann H. Taylor.
- "The Copyright Ninja: Rise of the Ninja" (2017). Reach Everyone, Teach Everyone: Universal Design for Learning in Higher Education (2018) with Kirsten Behling.
- "Going Alt-Ac: A Guide to Alternative Academic Careers" (2019) with Katie Linder and Kevin Kelly.
- Tom represented the U.S. on a Spring 2018 Fulbright Scholar fellowship to Eötvös Loránd University in Budapest, Hungary to develop distance-education programs.