Expert on school law, policy, and funding
Professor, School of Education and Law School
Cell phone available upon request.
Julie Underwood Professor, School of Education and Law School University of Wisconsin-Madison Expert on school law, policy, and funding firstname.lastname@example.org 608-263-7406 (work) Cell phone available upon request; e-mail email@example.com
Areas of expertise
- School finance
- School vouchers
- School law and policy
- Author, "School Boards Beware: Influential National Network Calls for Elimination of School Boards," Wisconsin School News
- Author, "Legal Talk: Contracts, Unions and Strikes," Educational Horizons
- Co-author, "Creating Common Schools for the 21st Century"
- Co-author, "From Inequity to Quality: The Future of Public Schools"
- Represented public schools at the U.S. Supreme Court for the National School Board Association in multiple cases.
Related news releases
- Dean Underwood column on ALEC published in The Nation Oct. 25, 2011
- Underwood, Mead discuss vouchers, charter schools with WisconsinEye Apr. 16, 2013
- Underwood commentary warns of threats to public schools May. 31, 2013
- Ed Talks Wisconsin an effort to start constructive dialogue about public education Mar. 7, 2013