Expert on school law, policy, and funding
Dean, School of Education
Cell phone available upon request.
Julie Underwood Dean, School of Education University of Wisconsin-Madison Expert on school law, policy, and funding http://www.education.wisc.edu firstname.lastname@example.org 608-262-6137 (work) Cell phone available upon request; e-mail email@example.com
Areas of expertise
- School finance
- School vouchers
- School law and policy
- Author, "School Boards Beware: Influential National Network Calls for Elimination of School Boards," Wisconsin School News
- Author, "Legal Talk: Contracts, Unions and Strikes," Educational Horizons
- Co-author, "Creating Common Schools for the 21st Century"
- Co-author, "From Inequity to Quality: The Future of Public Schools"
- Represented public schools at the U.S. Supreme Court for the National School Board Association in multiple cases.
Related news releases
- Dean Underwood column on ALEC published in The Nation Oct. 25, 2011
- Underwood, Mead discuss vouchers, charter schools with WisconsinEye Apr. 16, 2013
- Underwood commentary warns of threats to public schools May. 31, 2013
- Ed Talks Wisconsin an effort to start constructive dialogue about public education Mar. 7, 2013