Expert on history of American film industry
Professor emeritus, communication arts; founding executive director, University of Wisconsin-Madison Arts Institute
Cell phone available upon request.
Tino Balio Professor emeritus, communication arts; founding executive director, University of Wisconsin-Madison Arts Institute University of Wisconsin-Madison Expert on history of American film industry http://commarts.wisc.edu/directory/?person=tbalio email@example.comCell phone available upon request; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Areas of expertise
- Hollywood's golden age, 1930-1950
- Foreign film distribution in the U.S.
- Contemporary Hollywood
- Independent production
- Author, "Hollywood in the New Millennium," British Film Institute, 2014.
- Author, The Foreign Film Renaissance on American Screens: 1946-1973," University of Wisconsin Press, 2010.
- Author, "Grand Design: Hollywood as a Modern Motion Picture Entetprise--1930-1939," Charles Scribner's Sons, 1995.
- Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences film scholar
- Wisconsin Academy of Sciences, Arts & Letters Fellow
- Author, "United Artists: The Company that Changed the Film Industry," University of Wisconsin Press, 1985.
Related news releases
- Festival celebrates 10 years with ‘remarkable films’ Feb. 27, 2008
- A glimpse into Kirk Douglas: Film center shares online collection Oct. 30, 2007
- Hollywood, Broadway alums spark new class Feb. 20, 2004
- Professor chosen first Academy film scholar Jan. 19, 2001
- Campus seeks diversity through the arts Dec. 6, 2000