Expert on classical archaeology, ancient Greek and Roman civilization, and Troy and the Trojan War
Professor, Classics; PI, Biotechnology Center
Cell phone available upon request.
William Aylward Professor, Classics; PI, Biotechnology Center University of Wisconsin-Madison Expert on classical archaeology, ancient Greek and Roman civilization, and Troy and the Trojan War https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/aylward/aylward.pdf email@example.com 608-263-7498 (work) Cell phone available upon request; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Areas of expertise
- Architecture and technology
- Cities and sanctuaries of the ancient Mediterranean
- Archaeological site of Troy
- Archaeological site of Zeugma on the Euphrates
- Classical myth
- Vilas Associates Award, UW-Madison, 2006-08
- CAORC Multi-Country Research Fellow, 2006-07 (American Academy in Rome, American School of Classical Studies at Athens, American Research Institute in Turkey)
- UW-Madison, Division of International Studies, Research Circle Award (2008-2011), for the project "Global Challenges to Cultural Heritage Preservation" (with Dr. Jason Yaeger).
- Cultural Heritage Award (2012-2014) for the project "Conservation of the Greek and Roman Agora at Troy."
- Chancellor's Distinguished Teaching Award, UW-Madison, 2013.
- Phi Beta Kappa Excellence in Teaching Award, Alpha Chapter of Wisconsin, 2013.
- Institute for Aegean Prehistory Award (2013) for "Molecular Archaeology at Troy."
Related news releases
- Archaeologists on front lines of protecting ancient culture in turbulent regions Apr. 11, 2013
- Destination Troy: UW experts in classics, physics, and more will explore the ancient site Mar. 11, 2013
- UW-Madison archaeologists to mount new expedition to Troy Oct. 15, 2012
- Wisconsin Science Festival brings wonders of science to life for all ages Sep. 17, 2012
- Eighty years and thousands of stories endure in Classical Myth course Feb. 22, 2011
- Archaeologist tackles mysteries of Troy Apr. 21, 2004