James P. Leary
Expert on the folklore/culture of diverse peoples in Wisconsin and the Upper Midwest
Professor, folklore and Scandinavian studies
Home phone available upon request.
James P. Leary Professor, folklore and Scandinavian studies University of Wisconsin-Madison Expert on the folklore/culture of diverse peoples in Wisconsin and the Upper Midwest http://scandinavian.wisc.edu/leary/index.html firstname.lastname@example.org 608-262-8107 (work) Home phone available upon request; e-mail email@example.com
Areas of expertise
- Folk humor, jokes, Ole and Lena stories
- Traditional and ethnic music (polka, powwow, old time fiddling, gospel, etc.)
- Wisconsin traditions
- Kellett Mid-Career Award for Excellence in Arts and Humanities Scholarship, 2007
- Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2006
- Author, "Wisconsin Folklore," "So Ole Says to Lena: Folk Humor of the Upper Midwest," "Polkabilly: How the Goose Island Ramblers Redefined American Folk Music"
- Governor's Award for Excellence in Public Humanities Scholarship, 1995