Infectious diseases expert with focus on tuberculosis in humans, bovine tuberculosis and Johne's disease in cattle. Expert in food animal vaccines.
- Research the transmission of tuberculosis and the development of better vaccines than BCG.
- Research the development of Johne's disease and the best approach to control such infection.
- Research the spread of bovine tuberculosis within dairy herds and wildlife animals.
- Develop novel vaccines against leading animal diseases including avian influenza, infectious bronchitis virus and Johne's disease.
- Developed a couple of live vaccine candidates against tuberculosis that are currently under further testing in laboratory animals.
- Developed a genetic-based model for the transmission of bovine tuberculosis among dairy herds.
- Developed several vaccine candidates against Johne's disease (paratuberculosis) that is already tested in laboratory animals and ruminant models.
- Developed safe and effective vaccines against leading poultry diseases such as avian influenza and infectious bronchitis virus.