David Williamson Shaffer
Journalists: Please use these pronouns when appropriate.
Professor Shaffer founded the field of Quantitative Ethnography. He uses artificial intelligence(AI), statistics, and qualitative tools to study equity in education and the social sciences.
Sears Bascom Professor of Learning Analytics, Educational Psychology; Data Philosopher, WCER School of Education Nelson Institute of Environmental Studies Work: 608-320-4539 — Home and cell phones available upon request email@example.com Home page Twitter: @dwshaffer
- Learning analytics and assessment
- Artificial intelligence and AI ethics
- Quantitative Ethnography
- Research methods
- Ethnography and qualitative research
- Statistics and machine learning
- Fairness, bias, equity, and diversity
- Author, "How Computer Games Help Children Learn"
- Marie Curie Fellow, European Union
- Fellow, National Academy of Education
- Author, "Quantitative Ethnography"
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Chancellor's Distinguished Teacher