Expert on early literacy in children, child health advocacy, public health and medical education.
Associate Professor of Pediatrics; Clinical Associate Professor of Human Development and Family Studies School of Medicine and Public Health School of Human Ecology Work: 608-262-7180 — Home and cell phones available upon request email@example.com Home page Twitter: @navsaria
- Public health: public communication and outreach around public health topics.
- Child health advocacy: focuses on the betterment of children's health through advocacy approaches; teaches these approaches to a variety of learners.
- Children's literature; holds degrees in public health as well as in children's librarianship.
- Early literacy promotion; founding medical director of Reach Out and Read Wisconsin and the UW Pediatric Early Literacy Projects.
- Parenting: thinking about how we can positively help children thrive and flourish, from the micro (supporting parents) to the macro (policy) and everything in between.
- Vice-Chair, Board of Directors of Reach Out and Read Founding Medical Director of Reach Out and Read Wisconsin
- Past President, Wisconsin Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Executive Committee, Council on Early Childhood, American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Fellow, Wisconsin Academy of Sciences, Arts, and Letters.
- Recipient, Physician Advocacy Award from the Institute for Medicine as a Profession.