Expert on early literacy in children, child health advocacy, public health and medical education.
Associate Professor of Pediatrics; Director, MD-MPH Dual-Degree Program; Medical Director, Physician Assistant Program School of Medicine and Public Health Work: 608-262-7180 — Home and cell phones available upon request firstname.lastname@example.org Home page Twitter: @navsaria
- Public health: director of the MD-MPH program at the UW School of Medicine and Public Health
- Child health advocacy: focuses on the betterment of children's health through advocacy approaches; teaches these approaches to a variety of learners.
- Children's literature; holds degrees in public health as well as in children's librarianship.
- Early literacy promotion; founding medical director of Reach Out and Read Wisconsin and the UW Pediatric Early Literacy Projects.
- Vice-Chair, Board of Directors of Reach Out and Read Founding Medical Director of Reach Out and Read Wisconsin
- President, Wisconsin Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Executive Committee, Council on Early Childhood, American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Fellow, Wisconsin Academy of Sciences, Arts, and Letters.
- Recipient, Physician Advocacy Award from the Institute for Medicine as a Profession.