Expert on how nutrition can be used to promote healthy aging
- Protein restriction and aging
- Branched-chain amino acids, obesity, and diabetes
- Hutchinson-Gilford Progeria Syndrome
- Discovered that many side effects of rapamycin, an FDA-approved drug that extends the lifespan of mice, are mediated by "off-target" inhibition of mTORC2.
- Discovered that protein restriction promotes metabolic health in humans and mice
- Discovered that restriction of dietary branched-chain amino acids promote metabolic health