Understanding nutrient partitioning to improve feed efficiency and metabolic health in dairy cows
Associate Professor, Dairy Science; Faculty Director, UW Dairy Innovation Hub College of Agricultural and Life Sciences Work: 608-263-7786 email@example.com Home page
- Serving as UW Dairy Innovation Hub faculty director working with stakeholders and researchers to provide high-impact, research based solutions to the Wisconsin dairy industry
- Understanding the etiology of metabolic disorders in dairy cows and improving detection, treatment, and prevention strategies.
- Improving nutrient utilization to support milk production in lactating dairy cows
- Identifying factors that influence individual animal variance in feed efficiency in dairy cows
- Elucidating the role of specific nutrients to provide glucose or energy precursors or support metabolism in dairy cows
- Awarded the American Dairy Science Foundation Scholar (2019) and Cargill Animal Nutrition Young Scientist (2017) Awards for research and teaching contributions.
- Recognized as the Friend of the Cooperative for AgSource Cooperative, Cooperative Resources International (2017)